This recipe should come with a warning that once you start you won’t be able to resist the whole camembert!
The recipe and images are courtesy of Mountain Valley Honey – shop online.
Cheesy, gooey and delicious, baked camembert is simply the best of happy hour food.
The caramelized pear, toasty almonds and Manuka honey in this simple recipe make it a winner!
You might like our Wood You Like ~ Honey dipper, always a handy utensil in the kitchen.
- 1 round of Camembert
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. MVH Manuka Honey
- 1 market fresh Pear or substitute with figs
- ¼ cup Almonds
- ¼ tsp. Flaky Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the Camembert round onto the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the Camembert is baking, slice the pear in half. Slice one half into 3mm slivers and leave the other half whole.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and the pear (with the whole half open side down). Add the almonds then drizzle the honey over them all.
- Fry for 5 minutes. Remove the Camembert from the oven and allow to rest.
- Flip the almonds and pear slivers and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the Camembert topped with the slivers and sprinkle with the sea salt. Use the whole pear half for extra servings.